AHTO are committed to working with various stakeholders to source, arrange and provide a range of affordable, quality housing in sustainable communities.
Environmental, Social and Corporate Governance
AHTO is committed to solving the chronic undersupply of affordable housing in the UK by providing a cheaper alternative to renting and home ownership for applicable tenants. We passionately believe that achieving this will also derive significant socio-economic benefits.
As an emerging entrant in the affordable intermediate rent to buy sector, we aim to have a robust ethical, environmental and social investment and operating framework, which governs our relationships with our various counterparties and supports families and communities.
Our two primary focus areas are:
- Environmental / Sustainability
- Providing high-quality, sustainable housing through our development partners and local councils
- Offering to Local Councils additional affordable housing supply
- Direct economic contribution through affordable rent and a deposit contribution at the time of ownership
- Other direct and indirect social benefits of developing communities
In addition, we incorporate the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDG’s) as part of our investment program, with performance reviewed against the following three SDGs:
- Good health and well-being (SDG Number 3)
- Reducing inequalities (SDG Number 10)
- Sustainable cities and communities (SDG Number 11)
Focus on Quality
AHTO believes that deep, long-term, mutually beneficial relationships with stakeholders are core to our success, and we conduct all our business with the following values and goals:
|1||Integrity – we conduct business to the highest level of integrity and responsibility with all our stakeholders, by adhering to our policies, procedures and obligations with the utmost of respect|
|2||Transparency – we conduct all our business in a transparent manner, from outlining with our key stakeholders our strategies, financial performance, decision making and any conflicts of interest|
|3||Social responsibility – we seek to partner with investors and allocate our resources to socially responsible activities, for which the main goal is to drive an increase in home ownership|
|4||Innovation and problem solving – we do not believe in a template approach and seek to tailor our offering to each individual stakeholder to build strong long-lasting relationships|
|5||Commitment to the Government’s target to increase home ownership|